Every day, when we drive on the road, UV rays can damage our skin and even the upholstery inside our vehicles. Window films will protect you and your car from the sun’s rays. But do you know exactly what window tinting is? Is it worth it for our vehicles? Let’s find out in this article with Yuma Auto Spa in Yuma, AZ, to see how it works!
What Is The Material of Car Window Tint?
Car window tint is a procedure that darkens a vehicle’s glass to reduce Visible Light Transference (VLT) — the amount of visible light that passes through the glass. VLT is measured by the percent of visible light (VL) passing through. The higher the VLT, the more VL it lets in.
It is usually made of polypropylene (PET), a thermoplastic polymer resin in the polyester family. PET is used because it is clear, has high tensile strength, stays the same size, and can take a variety of treatments that can be put on the surface or embedded.
What Are The Potential Advantages of Window Films?
Tinting your vehicle’s windows has several purposes beyond aesthetics. Additionally, it provides several other advantages for your comfort and safety in addition to preserving your car’s condition. Listed below are some benefits of tinting your automobile’s windows:
- Decrease fading: Car window tint inhibits the sun’s UV rays, which may cause upholstery to fade over time. It is particularly true for automobiles with black interior decorations and upholstery.
- Prevent UV Rays: Even when driving, UV exposure may wreak havoc on your skin and cause permanent damage in the future. You won’t get a sunburn on your daily commute since the tinted windows filter ultraviolet light.
- Reduce Heat: In addition to protecting your car’s interior from UV damage, window tint keeps some of the heat from entering your vehicle. It may prevent your car from being too hot throughout the day.
- Protect Your Privacy: Depending on the amount of tint and local rules, dark-tinted windows make it more difficult for persons passing by to see inside your car and be inquisitive.
- Protect Your Safety: In the case of an accident, window tinting may assist in keeping your automobile’s glass intact and prevent it from shattering. This can help you prevent injuries caused by tiny glass fragments.
- Enhance car’s appearance: A professional, well-executed tint will give your vehicle an attractive, streamlined appearance, as well as providing a sense of mystery to your everyday commute.
Is Window Tinting Long Lasting?
Window tint can work well for between one and ten years. This significant difference depends on several factors including, your chosen brand and product, how well it is installed, and maintenance.
Good window films
Investing in a good brand of high quality window film will make a big difference in how long your tint lasts. Quality window films can withstand the sun’s damaging rays and last longer.
Window film should ideally be put on by a professional who has done it before and provides their work with a warranty. In the same way, the installation should take place in a controlled environment with clean air, the right temperature, and no harmful substances.
Even good window films need to be taken care of the right way. Follow the advice of the person who tinted your windows about how long you should wait before touching them, cleaning them, or rolling them down. Use gentle cleaning products and tools, and tell anyone who will be cleaning your windows or detailing your car what products are safe to use.
How Long Does Window Tinting Take?
Depending on the number of windows, professional window tint installation takes around two hours for a sedan and longer for an SUV or minivan. Estimate at least 30 minutes per window for window tinting.
Xpel Window Tinting at Yuma Auto Spa in Yuma, AZ, will provide a high standard of window films to protect car owners and prevent faded upholstery! When choosing window films at Yuma Auto Spa, we have high quality materials and highly qualified technicians to make your car pristine! Call us at 928 – 287 – 6199 to schedule your appointment today!